Climbing around Mondsee in the Salzkammergut
Fixed-rope routes in the Mondseeland
From the striking Drachenwand to the Dachstein Westgrat, the rugged mountains of the Mondseeland and the Salzkammergut offer plenty of playgrounds for fans of climbing. Impressive names such as the Ewige Wand (Eternal Wall), Outlaw or Kuckucksnest (Cuckoo's Nest) promise experiences that will push climbers to their limits. But once the tough climb is over, a breathtaking panorama of the mountain and lake landscape of the Salzkammergut awaits at the top.
Here is just a preview of the climbing tours and fixed-rope routes that await you between Attergau and Dachstein:
- Stodertalsteig | Spitzmauer | Mammoth Round Tour
- Cuckoo's Nest | Hoher Krippenstein
- Nature Lover's Climb | Traunstein
- Ewige Wand fixed-rope route;X1014,
- Drachenwand fixed-rope route
- Koppen Klettersteigwelt
- Laserer Alpin Ascent | Lärchkogel
- Leadership Ascent | Predigstuhl
- Gamsblick | Traweng
- Scenic fixed-rope route Sophie | Loser
- Amon fixed-rope route | Hohes Kreuz
- Dachstein Schulter | Hoher Dachstein
- Donnerkogel fixed-rope route
Very difficult (D/E +)
- Echernwand | Salzberg
- Seewand | Äußerer Schönbichl
- Wildkar | Vorderes Niederes Kreuz
Equipment & information
Climbing tours should not be done carelessly and should only be done with enough experience, strength and endurance. The safety equipment includes at least a belt, climbing set and helmet. Furthermore, a first-aid kit, gloves and sturdy footwear are recommended.
Are you ready to storm new heights? Your base camp lies in the middle of Mondsee and offers climbers 4-star comfort with everything you need for relaxation: a spacious covered outdoor dining area, a wellness area, an informal atmosphere and last but not least, cosy rooms. Spend your summer holiday in the middle of the Mondseeland region at the 4-star Hotel Krone directly in the centre of the town of Mondsee. The team looks forward to receiving your room request!